Academic Advising Network
Next Advisor Workshop
Tuesday, Sept, 12th: “Advice from Advisors: Guidance from former AAN Award Winners” – Former Excellence in Advising Award Winners, at the Gertrude Ford Center.
2018 NACADA Region 4 Conference – Pine Mountain, GA – March 11-13, 2018.
2017 NACADA Annual Conference – St. Louis, MO – October 11 – 14, 2017.
Current Advising Information
Advising Information in the College of Liberal Arts:
- New Major: BME Biomedical Engineering
- New Major: BBA Entrepreneurship
- New Liberal Arts Minor: Professional Writing
- 3+3 option (Law) available for Paralegal Studies majors
- New Minor: Child Welfare
- HIS 101, 102, 105, and 106 is now HST 120, 121, 130, and 131 respectively
- All ENGL courses are now ENG
- Span 101, 102, 121, 201, and 202 will be phased out. Span 111 and 211 will be offered instead.
- Please refer to the link below regarding changes to the “Repeating a Course” policy. Exceptions are determined by the department chair. http://catalog.olemiss.edu/academics/regulations/credit
- ENGL 250 changed to WRIT 250
- New Applied Science Minor: Legal Studies
- New Education Minors: Education and Math Education
- Marketing Communications changed to Corporate Relations.
- New Degree: Bachelors of General Studies (BGS).
- Beginning Fall 2011, ENGL 101 and ENGL 102 will change to WRIT 101 and WRIT 102.
- New Journalism major: Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC).
- New Business minor: Entrepreneurship
- New interdisciplinary minor: Cinema.
- French 101 and 102 are no longer being offered. Students will now begin the French sequence with FR 111.
- Students may now declare Religious Studies as a major.
- Phys 211& Phys 221 now have a co-requisite of Math 262.
- The course code for Communicative Disorders has changed to CSD.
- Students may now declare Public Policy Leadership as a major or minor.
- ENVS 101: Environmental Studies can now be used to fulfill the Humanities requirement for any B.A. degree.
- Beginning Fall 2008, Journalism courses will no longer fulfill a social science requirement for the lower division Liberal Arts curriculum.
- Art History has changed from ARHI to AH. AH 101 and AH 102 are to be taken by non-majors only.
- MATH 110: Quantitative Reasoning will no longer be offered beginning Fall 2007.
- CHEM 371: Biochemical Concepts has changed to CHEM 271: Biochemical Concepts. It still has a prerequisite of CHEM 121 or 221.
- MIS 241: Management Information Systems will no longer be offered beginning Fall 2007.
- Business Fine Arts include AH 101, AH 102, DANC 200, THEA 201, MUS 103, and MUS 104.
- Buckley forms will now be completed by students online. There is no need to continue using paper forms.