Who We Advise
The professional advisors at the Center for Student Success and First-Year Experience serve the following students:
All FRESHMAN STUDIES (undeclared) students (up to 45 hours) and all first-year FRESHMEN within the following departments:
- Majors in the School of Business Administration
- Majors in the School of Applied Sciences
- Majors in the School of Engineering
- The following majors within the College of Liberal Arts: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Forensic Chemistry, Economics, English, Math, Modern Languages, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy Leadership, Sociology, Anthropology, and Southern Studies.
* If your major is not listed above, you will be advised by your major’s department.
* Incoming students must wait until orientation to be advised.
Making an appointment:
To make an appointment with your advisor, please access our online appointment system. You will receive an email confirming it, and a reminder two hours before your appointment via email or/and text. If you have questions on how to schedule your appointment, please refer to the video tutorial below:
Declaring your major:
If you are a FRESHMAN, and your major falls into one of our partnering departments, you can declare and change your major at the Center for Student Success and First-Year Experience, located in 350 Martindale.
If you are a SOPHOMORE, JUNIOR or SENIOR, or if you your major is not listed above, here is some information on where to declare your major (must have a 2.0 to declare):
- College of Liberal Arts: Change of Major Form & Locations
- School of Business Administration: Online Major Change Form
- School of Accountancy: 200 Conner Hall
- School of Education: SAFE Office – Guyton Annex
(must have a 2.5 GPA to declare)
- School of Applied Sciences: Online Major Change Form
- School of Engineering: 227 Brevard Hall
- School of Pharmacy: 1030 Thad Cochran Research Center